The STEM Course is aimed at high school students who are interested in understanding more about STEM and gaining work experience through working with a world-renowned scientist.
The STEM course is an online, synchronous course and includes a series of introductory lectures in Biomedical Science, Artificial Intelligence, and Aerospace Medicine delivered by world-renowned scientists and academics from world-class institutions and corporations. Such institutions include academics from Harvard University, the University of Oxford, the University of Cambridge, NASA scientists, etc.
The programme is available as a 2, 4, or 8 weeks and takes on a student-center approach where students actively participate in their learning through experiential learning (learning by doing) guided by interaction with world-renowned scientists.
At the end of the course, students will receive a We Speak Science certificate and a Letter of Recommendation from the academic lead to provide evidence of the student’s project work in the course.
Students participating in the STEM course will also automatically enroll in the STEM competition, which involves writing a scientific article on a topic of their interest guided by a well-known scientist. The article will be published on the wespeakscience website and will be assessed by world-class academics.
This module will cover the following topics:
1. Life in the Lab: Introduction to cutting edge science
2. Space Biology: Experiments performed at the International Space Station
3. Technology and Engineering: Introduction to Aerospace Materials, Flight Dynamics, and Thermodynamics
4. Data Science & Artificial Intelligence: The Importance of AI, Machine Learning and Deep Learning as well as Ethical Concerns Around AI
5. The Secret of Being Successful: Communication Skills, Leadership, and Teamwork